Can you de-combat-macroify your combat scripts and actions?

In KolMafia past version 14.0, it now automagically converts all repetitive actions to combat macros.

Is there an option or preference to turn this off? If not, I guess the only way to do it is to add a bogus consult line in all my CCS? I might want to disable this for short periods if I am playing a plinker for example while not auto-adventuring.

Here is my reasoning:

Advantages:
----------------
*You will no longer skip rounds; the result of each and every round is now displayed for you.

*Entering a combat macro is a bit easier on the server since it only takes a single server action. Faster too.

Disadvantages:
---------------------
* You have to scroll to the very bottom to see the final round results (or click the link) which can be very irritating if the combat is several rounds long.

* You can no longer tell if combat is going poorly and quickly 'abort' when auto-adventuring. (Best example of this is against a physical immune where you can see the rounds dragging on as you do 1 point per round... or if you are poisoned and missing, or whatever).

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
* You have to scroll to the very bottom to see the final round results (or click the link) which can be very irritating if the combat is several rounds long.
"scrollwhendone"

* You can no longer tell if combat is going poorly and quickly 'abort' when auto-adventuring. (Best example of this is against a physical immune where you can see the rounds dragging on as you do 1 point per round... or if you are poisoned and missing, or whatever).
You could set it to abort after some number of rounds where the monster should be dead long before that. I've always done this even when aftercore farming in zones where I have no chance of running into that issue. You can also set mafia to abort if you get poisoned or run into other negative effects, or to remove them (I had to add that to my kol macros).

I would be disappointed if the savings in server hits were wiped out because people don't want to learn how to take advantage of it for their mindless adventuring.

StDoodle

Minion
If someone could explain how to add in the various aborts into an automatically-macrofied CCS that would be wonderful. I think this is what Sally is saying her main issue is, and I know it's mine. I know how to put various safeguards into my combat macros in KoL itself. I have no idea how to do that for CCS stuff that gets automatically macrofied.

jasonharper

Developer
Code:
"abort pastround 25"
"abort missed 10"
scrollwhendone  #if desired
Either at the top of each CCS section, or in a [global prefix] section. The double-quotes are necessary to keep those lines from being parsed as a mafia abort.

Bale

Minion
For what it is worth, I also like putting this into my CCS:

Code:
"abort hppercentbelow 10 #if HP ever falls below 10%, abort before you die!"

jasonharper

Developer
You don't need to put that in your CCS. There's an "abort below" setting on the HP/MP restoration tab that will automatically generate such an abort in your macro.

Code:
"abort pastround 25"
"abort missed 10"
scrollwhendone  #if desired
Either at the top of each CCS section, or in a [global prefix] section. The double-quotes are necessary to keep those lines from being parsed as a mafia abort.

What is up with this global prefix thing? How do you do that?

My problem is that I want my CCS to be fairly simple. I include the commands I want, with a round 10 abort in case of difficulties.

However, I do NOT want to put in abort onNemesis thug code into each and every CCS.
I also would rather not have to include scrollwhendones either.

Therefore it seems like some kind of global CCS include would be very nice to have. How do you do it?

In any case, thanks for the 'scrollwhendone' info. That is pretty handy and I can at least shove that into CCS for now.

slyz

Developer
What jason described is a per CCS setup, not a global thing.
You would need to do add something like this in each CCS:
Code:
[global prefix] 
"abort pastround 10"
scrollwhendone

[default]
1: pickpocket
2: attack

[ nemesisThug ]
1: abort

[ menacing thug ]
1: section nemesisThug