Possible Roc Feather issue...

T_E

Hello~

I'm posting this after kmailing a bug report in-game and hearing back from Gem (who suggested I post here as it might be a Mafia-related question). I received the "You acquire an item: glimmering roc feather" message, but in searching my inventory I do not have the feather.

However, my session log shows:

[199] Dark Neck of the Woods
Encounter: Welcome Back!
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=277&option=1
You acquire an item: glimmering roc feather

use 1 glimmering roc feather

use 1 glimmering roc feather

... with no accompanying adv or stat gain info.

I'm a bit confused. Is it possible that the feather was indeed used, without any gain, for some reason? Is it possible I clicked the [use] link in the relay browser, and gained the benefits, but Mafia didn't record them for some reason?

I'd be happy to provide my session log/any additional info needed if that will help.
Thanks in advance and apologies is this is due to me messing up somehow.

StDoodle

Minion
It's not possible for mafia to use a feather in some special way that prevents you from receiving its benefits, so that option's out. Either you a) didn't actually get the feather, which is unlikely as mafia sometimes misses things because of lag, but while there have been some instances in the past of random text being interpreted as an item / meat gain, I can't think of a time when an encounter was logged that didn't happen or b) You got the feather, mafia thought you used it (or perhaps you did click [use] but lag ate it) and you need to refresh your inventory or c) You used the feather and just failed to notice the adv. / stat gain.

slyz

Developer
I received the "You acquire an item: glimmering roc feather" message, but in searching my inventory I do not have the feather.

You were playing in the Relay browser and saw the KoL message when you got the message? Did you look in your inventory through the Relay browser or in Mafia? Did Mafia update your spleen? Did you try using more spleen items to make sure your spleen was used with that missing feather?

T_E

You were playing in the Relay browser and saw the KoL message when you got the message? Did you look in your inventory through the Relay browser or in Mafia? Did Mafia update your spleen? Did you try using more spleen items to make sure your spleen was used with that missing feather?

Regarding these questions (and a small followup): I was playing in the relay browser and saw the message there. I believe I clicked the [use] link in the message, and was then thrown back to the map screen with no gain message given in the relay browser or glci. I checked my inventory both through the relay browser and by doing a /count command in the chat pane.

I've finished the run and analyzed it as best I can via the visualizer. From what I can tell, I did receive the feather in question, and consumed it (with an adventure and stat gain in the expected range) but for some reason it was not recorded in Mafia. My spleen consumption numbers (grafted from the parsed log) do not match up with my adventures gained for the day when I calculate that manually. I'm suspecting the lag I was encountering off and on at the time is to blame for this. At any rate, thanks for your ideas/input.