not working ascension preparation script

asturia

Minion
I have this script I use to prepare for my ascension.
It always worked for my previous attempts but now it doesn't work anymore.

Can anyone quickly verify it?

macman104

[quote author=asturia link=topic=599.msg2857#msg2857 date=1164633527]
I have this script I use to prepare for my ascension.
It always worked for my previous attempts but now it doesn't work anymore.[/quote]Can you elaborate on "doesn't work anymore"? Does it buy the wrong things, is it not buying, does it print errors?

asturia

Minion
It's saying that the request are fullfilled but it doesn't buy the needed things.

I think it is related to the manner on how the function is defined that does the checking and the buying.

macman104

Hmm, check your preferences and make sure that you have all the options to buy and such available. It looks right, and it should run...

Nightmist

Not enough meat perhaps? I'm not sure how mafia handles a buy command nested into a if when the buy command fails, still aborts or just continues to run?

If it comes down to it, put print commands throughout the check_buy section and print out "amt_needed" to see whats happening to it.

Have you tried replacing the check_buy function with the following?

Code:
void check_buy(int qty, item item_to_get)
{
cli_execute("acquire " + qty + " " + item_to_get);
}

It should run faster than the original function because it will pull them all at once from storage.

More info about the cli acquire command can be found here: http://kolmafia.sourceforge.net/scripting.html#items
also note that pulling items from your clans stash can be turned off in your preferences on the items tab.