Feature - Implemented Display improvement to relay interface drop-down list.

Bale

Minion
For the sake of making things look nice, it would be an improvement if the relay interface scripts displayed a script named "relay_Universal_Recovery.ash" as "Universal Recovery" or else if I could name the script "relay_Univeral Recovery.ash"

I tried to name it "relay_Universal Recovery", but it didn't work when I did that.

This is a minor thing, but it would make me happy.

StDoodle

Minion
Are you just saying you want to replace underscores with spaces? I could see that being a little nice, but what if someone wanted underscores in their script name? Unfortunately, I think this all goes back to the inability of early versions of a certain OS to support anything but horridly restricted file names, and all of the libraries and dependencies that piled on top of various things that kept that restriction in mind. The best solution may be to travel back in time to when Gates was "working" on DOS, kidnap him, and tell him he'll get released when he promises to follow established standards for file-naming. ;)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The best solution may be to travel back in time to when Gates was "working" on DOS, kidnap him, and tell him he'll get released when he promises to follow established standards for file-naming. ;)

Maybe you remember differently, but when I lived through those days and numerous operating systems, to say one system was "established" was to be more prescient than anyone actually was at the time. Seems to me MS-DOS was just following the standards already established by HDOS and CPM to name two of the several systems I used before MS-DOS.

For the record, in this century, if I choose to use spaces or underscores I want my choice to be honored, not second guessed.