Bug - Cannot Reproduce Coin Masters?

Asinine

I'm currently running r8410, but I've been noticing this for a while (for a few months).

I'm in hardcore, and I'm doing the level 12 quest. Unfortunately, when I use the Coin Masters option, the 'buy' and 'sell' buttons are greyed-out. When I hit 'check', the CLI states I'm not at war. I've got my war hippy outfit on, and I'm definitely at war (847 frat boys left, according to Mafia).
I did a run where it was greyed-out once, but the next day when I logged in, it worked just fine. So I don't know exactly what the issue is (or maybe it was my other non-hardcore character? I forget.)

I don't know if this has been addressed (it was confusing trying to search for specific key words), but if it can be fixed, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Did you start the war in KoLmafia? Or, at least, have you visited there in the Relay Browser? Simply visiting bigisland.php in the relay browser (the "Island At War" page; before the war, it is island.php. After the war it is postwarisland.php) should recognize that the war is in progress. If you have only visited it with automation, we probably didn't notice.

If you do this:

> get warProgress

it SHOULD say "started", but I bet it doesn't. You can fix it by saying:

> set warProgress=started

Asinine

I had started the war with Mafia, and restarting it never worked.

But I'm now using r8420 and it's doing just fine. So I guess y'all fixed the problem!

Thanks for the info as to what to do if it happens again.