Kol Mafia in wide screen

Lauki

Out of the blue KOL mafia had developed a quite interesting quirk. I operate multiple characters through the program and all of the sudden one of the has caused mafia to open up in its max width setting. This is quiet annoying it spans across more than my two monitors. Removing "prefs_name.txt" from the settings folder has failed to fix the problem however removing the entire settings folder does work.

When removing the newly generated....

While writing this it occurred to me to try and remove the "Prefs_Global.txt" which did resolve the problem yeah!

Anyway the point of all this was how could this happen I have not messed with the settings and neither my mom or sister live with me. So there is no coming home and finding the computer mysteriously set on 640x480 in 16 bit color to be told "I just turned it on"

In briefly searching through both the old and the newly created prefs_GLOBAL.txt  files I can find no discrepancies tagged to the only player name I was having the problem with. Any ideas?

Edit:
Resetting the preferences did work for a bit. I think I have narrowed the issue down to the preferences window within Mafia. If I have the game open with preferences in a tab the browser opens at its max width. If I leave it set on manual, where preferences opens in its own... you guessed it at max width. Arghhh!

An interesting if not irritating problem.

clichecow

If you use Ultramon to manage your screens, you might be able to fix this or at least make a script to fix it. I can send you a copy if you need it.

If this doesnt make sense to your problem, sorry, im really tired and kinda skimmed your post, im gonna go pass out on my bed now.