Bug - Not A Bug 'hsshield00gb'

bumcheekcity

'SN':'HSSHIELD00GB','IP':'68.68.108.3','CH':'HSSCNL000238','CT':'11I,1O,h,T','HST':'','AFH':'hss3','RN':Math.floor(Math.random()*999),'TOP':1};if(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location){_AF2$.TOP=0}document.write("");

That, and various other bits of junk text appears at the top of a large quantity of my relay pages. No other bugs, there aren't any other problems, log appears fine, absolutely nothing other than this.

Using latest build.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Darn. I was hoping you'd say "Chrome" so that I could tell you to get a decent browser since KoL isn't trying to support Chrome. ;)

Since you're using Firefox, try turning off greasemonkey and tell us if that solved the problem. If it solves the problem then... well, y'know what comes next.

jasonharper

Developer
This text is associated with a program called "Hotspot Shield"; it appears to be a failed attempt by the program at adding an ad to the web pages you visit.

bumcheekcity

No, it's OK, it's ad-supported rather than ad-ware and I knew that. I didn't know that adblock and it have some problems. But no harm, no foul :D