Feature - Implemented Open aborts during adventures in the relay browser.

icon315

I really don't like the mini-browser, mostly because of my comp.'s lag. So can you add an option to open it in the relay browser instead?

StDoodle

Minion
The whole reason, as far as I know, for mafia HAVING the mini-browser is so that it can display various thing that, for one reason or another, can't be properly passed to your main browser.

Edit to add:

That having been said, it's very possible that once everything is ironed out with combat macro support, there may be far less situations in which the mini-browser is required. But I dunno enough of the details to really say...

Bale

Minion
The whole reason, as far as I know, for mafia HAVING the mini-browser is so that it can display various thing that, for one reason or another, can't be properly passed to your main browser.

Not true. Main browser is better at displaying everything.

mini-browser mostly functions as a pop-up in case of error or to display item information.

Only advantage of mini-browser is as a quicky way of determining page url for most links.

th3y

I thought the mini-browser was to handle the situation where for whatever reason you don't WANT to run a main browser application at all. With the mini-browser, mafia is self-contained and doesn't need the external application. (Not that I can think of many such situations that apply to me personally...)

icon315

yeah, but it takes so long for things to load in the mini-browser, that it would really benefit alot of people if it loaded in the browser instead

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Implemented or rejected? Currently, with the proper settings you get a link in the gCLI and you can click it to open in the Relay Browser. If that answers the request then Implemented. If the request was to automatically pop up the Relay Browser then that is actually a duplicate that I seem to recall has been rejected, primarily because popping up the browser requires a lot of special handling to work with all OSes.