Bug - Not A Bug disallow familiar equipment on blackbird in run, please!

scottsaxman

Today, I clicked the relay browser link to use the black market map in my HC run. I had the annoying pitchfork locked as the familiar item. Mafia reassembled the blackbird, set it as my active familiar, and used the map. It flew away with my annoying pitchfork! A clan-mate recently had the same thing happen, but with a new sugar shield.

Can this be addressed? It isn't the end of the world, but in a manner not inconsistent with the pitchfork, it is annoying. Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm not sure I believe it. The Wiki specifically say that if you are wearing a tiny bust of Pallas, it returns to inventory when the Blackbird flies away. Ditto for IOTM familiar equipment. So, why would the behavior be different for a sugar shield or an annoying pitchfork?

If it really IS different, file a bug report against KoL itself.
Otherwise, refresh inventory, and then the items will reappear.

Otherwise, just Don't Do That - do not put a familiar item on the blackbird before you read the map. You had to do that intentionally, since KoLmafia will not put an item on the familiar when you grow it. Don't Do That.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
He didn't actually put an item on the familiar -- the item was locked, so my assumption is that it just jumped onto the familiar. It seems like odd behavior, to be honest, but I'm in no position to test it at the moment.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Don't Do That.

In the meantime, file a bug report against KoL itself; the identical thing would happen if you did this in the raw KoL interface, without Kolmafia involved, and therefore, if this is a a bug, it is a KoL bug. That makes it, by definition, Not Our Bug - and it's not our job to protect you against KoL bugs.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Glad to see that one bit of advice solves all the problems and ifs and buts. Will keep this in mind.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Please pay attention to the rest of my reply, rather than making a snide response.
Thanks.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Sorry, I loaded the page before you edited in the rest of that post (i.e. when it just read "Don't Do That."). But yeah, I just realized that it wouldn't have been a KoLmafia bug either way.