Repro steps:
* Be a PM with a L10 boba fettucini familiar
* Fight a monster somewhere that isn't the oasis
* Get the jump
* Summon the fettucini -> fight turns in to sandworm
* Kill the sandworm
* Hit the 'again' button -> you adventure in the oasis

Desired behavior:
* When you hit the 'again' button, you adventure where you were when you started the fight before summoning the fettucini

Wild guess:
* The logic that handles repeat fighting sandworms using drum machines is getting invoked somehow.

Edit:
Also, the last adventure links both at the bottom of the page and on the left-side pane work correctly.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Odd. The "again" button looks for the "Adventure Again" link on the page. If it does not find it, if the monster is a sandworm and you have no drum machines in inventory, it sets the Oasis as the location, on the theory that you might want to farm more drum machines.

The odd thing is the not finding the Adventure Again link, since you claim there is one on the page.

I have a multi who is currently a Pastamancer. Today, he farmed a twitching trigger finger bonded with it as a pasta guardian, and summoned it 15 times for 30 experience. Three days from now, it will hit Level 10 after 5 combats and I will have 10 more summonings that day to try this out...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, I got my Boba Fettucine up to Level 10 today and tried this. Here is what I saw:

- I adventured in the Castle
- I summoned my Boba Fettucine
- KoL gave me a long message about how a sinkhole opens up beneath him and swallows him up and a sandworm emerges. The monster image is now a sandworm.
--> My Boba Fettucine was no longer present. KoL gave me a button to try summoning him.
- I beat the sandworm, collected two spices (and 0 melange, boo).
--> The Encounter Listing says Goth Giant (1) (which is accurate) but does not mention the sandworm.
- The Adventure Again link said "Adventure Again in the Castle".
- I pressed the "again" button - and adventured again in the Castle

So, I cannot reproduce the original bug report, but there are some oddities associated with this that I may as well fix.

This is very funny KoL content. :)

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10398 enables the "summon" button if KoL says you can summon, rather than basing it on whether you've already summoned this battle. And I did confirm that if you summon the Boba Fettucine a second time, it will stick around - and both the first and the second summoning count against your daily Pasta Guardian summonings.

I didn't bother putting the giant sandworm into the Encounter Listing. We don't do that when you CLEESH something into an amphibian. This is the equivalent.