Council Quests Automation Script

pastafresco

This is a script that checks for outstanding council quests and subsequently completes them (for all required quests and strange leaflet). I've tested it and it works. The only thing to note is that a few of the quests may not be entirely automated (Castle in the Sky (aka trash() ) quest is not completed yet..).

Any questions, concerns, whatever, please post away.
Any constructive criticism will be appreciated. There's always room for improvement.

To mods: if this is too automated to be posting, i appologize in advance and understand the need to remove the file (at least if it is against policy)

I'd like to note that the standard equipment choice is Tirian's moxie_dressup.ash, I also pulled some methods from his library, as well as his friars.ash script. Thans Tirian (and if you have a problem with this - though i wouldn't think you do- sorry, i will remove).

So, without further ado, here is my quests.ash script (i am also attaching Tirian's moxie_dressup as that is necessary to run mine)

Attachments

• Quests.ash
    21.6 KB · Views: 457
  • moxie_dressup.ash
    6.7 KB · Views: 365

Metraxis

Interesting enough, though I'll probably agree that it skates very close to the edge on posting full-on ascension scripts. That said, two criticisms.

First, sonar-in-a-biscuit drops in Guano Junction.

Second, it appears that in recent builds, the Entryway and Hedge Maze ASH functions will hard abort your script with the message "You're already past that script" when they would have previously returned "true", so you'll need to find another way to accomplish that part.

pastafresco

[quote author=Metraxis link=topic=571.msg2758#msg2758 date=1162919152]
First, sonar-in-a-biscuit drops in Guano Junction.
[/quote]
the script should adventure there in order to get the sonars:
Code:
if(stench_resistance() > 0)
{
	cli_execute("conditions clear");
	add_item_condition( (3- item_amount($item[sonar-in-a-biscuit])), $item[sonar-in-a-biscuit]);
	adventure(my_adventures(), $location[ guano junction]);
}
Is it possible you were mistaking that for when it adventures at the Entryway in order to get the Pine-fresh?

[quote author=Metraxis link=topic=571.msg2758#msg2758 date=1162919152]...I'll probably agree that it skates very close to the edge on posting full-on ascension scripts. [/quote]

For this reason can we get an official opinion on this? Should this script be removed?

pastafresco

[quote author=Alexander Daychilde link=topic=571.msg2762#msg2762 date=1162959294]
I hadn't replied because there is already one ascension script out there:
http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,314.0.html
[/quote]

Oh, hey. I didn't even notice that posts with the ascension script were made lower on in the page. I just looked at the first one and assumed that there was no script.