Feature - Implemented Knob Goblin Chef drops spatula too

Spiny

Mafia doesn't realize that the Knob Goblin Chef in the Knob Goblin Kitchens drops a Knob Goblin Spatula. The wiki states a 7% drop rate, but who knows if that's right. The wiki's expected meat drop and mafia's expected meat drop from this mob is different, but I don't know which is right so I'm not going to speculate, but indeed he drops his spatula ;)

Edit: Knob Goblin Master Chef also drops the spatula and isn't known to by mafia. A 14% chance of drop on this mob according to the wiki.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I ignored you because you used the word "mob". :p

Revision 8515 adds the spatula to the two monsters. The meat drop in the Wiki was, and remains, identical to KoLmafia's - which displays all drop percentages as modified by your current modifiers, which might have confused you...

Spiny

Sorry, played Everquest for 5 years and several MUDs over time and as such monsters are MOBs/mobs to me. Been over a decade since I played EQ and probably a good 3-5 years since I've played a MUD, but monsters are still mobs to me.

mob - (urban dictionary)
Short for a "Mobile Object". The term commonly used in MUDs and MMORPGs. Denotes a non-playable character that is usually attackable and often a monster of some sort.

Wikipedia Mob (computing gaming)

Thanks for the implementation.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Sorry, played Everquest for 5 years and several MUDs over time and as such monsters are MOBs/mobs to me. Been over a decade since I played EQ and probably a good 3-5 years since I've played a MUD, but monsters are still mobs to me.

Wikipedia Mob (computing gaming)

Thanks for the implementation.
Learned something. The folks who use MOB around me always use it in a context that suggests it means a large collection of identical monsters that can be trivially defeated individually but may be difficult, or at least annoying, to defeat in crowds. I'll have to see of the Mobile Object meaning was meant. Thanks.