Bug - Fixed +meat drop rises to infinite upon login

When I log in mafia immediately starts sending my +meat drops up and up. It quickly reaches super super huge numbers, until ultimately resting at infinite. Oddly, this issue is limited to this single account, it doesn't happen on any others.

It's happened for several days now using mafia 14.0

Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
H ow bizarre - I can't think of anything that would explain that. A couple more CLI commands for you to try:

modifier_eval 10+5*mainhand(saucepan)
(should produce 10 or 15)

ash string_modifier($skill[panhandling], "Modifiers")
(should show a meat drop formula identical to the one above)

Here are the results, I tried a couple different variations of the first CLI command, but everything I tried came back with some kind of syntax error. Each was tried with and without a saucepan, and the results were the same.

> modifier_eval 10+5*mainhand(saucepan)

Modifier syntax error: can't understand mainhand(saucepan)
Returned: 60.0

> ash string_modifier($skill[panhandling], "Modifiers")

Returned: Meat Drop: [10+5*mainhand(saucepan)]

edit: I should also probably point out that my main also has expert pandhandling, but has not suffered from this problem, however its in hardcore right now, so I can't do any testing with it right now, since it doesn't have panhandling HPed

Last edited:

Spiny

Build 14.0 is dated 3/19/10 according to what I'm seeing on Sourceforge. The changes that were done to the saucepan (mainhand modifiers) were from build 8332 which is dated 3/25/10. Perhaps you just need a more recent build?

jasonharper

Developer
Yes, the problem is an outdated mafia version - combined with a failure of unrecognized modifier functions to return a consistent value. Any version more recent than r8332 would fix your specific problem; r8376 fixes it permanently.