Inventory search bar??

Lauki

For packrats like me who horde everything they come across it would be beneficial to add a search bar to menus such as the inventory and especially Hagnk's storage.

Does anybody else thick this is a worthwhile idea? If so is it posted in the correct place to get attention? If not forward it on to the people in charge... hell take the credit have fun

Anyway great job on Mafia guys keep up the good work that helps me be lazy!

Friedfisch

sounds like a good idea, i would like to see some kind of filter (like in winamp). eg. typing "mein" and everything execpt chow meins, lo-meins and hi-meins disappears :)

additionally a table for the inventory would be nice (sortable by amount+autosell value)

btw, there is a bug.. when you are in the store manager and checking the price of an item the rest of the gui is "frozen" and you need to click "stop all" or "cancel" to reactivate it.

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=Friedfisch link=topic=559.msg2710#msg2710 date=1162552375]
sounds like a good idea, i would like to see some kind of filter (like in winamp). eg. typing "mein" and everything execpt chow meins, lo-meins and hi-meins disappears :)[/quote]

That sounds a little like what I want to do, but the model I'm using is Firefox. I wasn't aware of a Winamp filtering feature. What does that look like?

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=559.msg2715#msg2715 date=1162592418]
That sounds a little like what I want to do, but the model I'm using is Firefox. I wasn't aware of a Winamp filtering feature. What does that look like?
[/quote]

I used WinAmp for a bit, but I've forgotten what the search looks like. It appears that you might be interested in seeing some ideas for this though, so I figured I would give you a basic idea I had.

For me it is easier to build a do-nothing program than to draw a picture, and some of the functionality of my ideas are better shown by clicking the various tabs, and entering text into the search box/selecting where to search. It is set up to search 4 possible places for an item, and the checkboxes controlling this work. What it searches is just a list I hard coded into the example. When he tabs (which show your items in the various locations) get selected the interface changes some to have viable functions for that location. I didn't take the time to code it, but in the search pane if an item is selected which is in your closet logically the interface would switch to the set of buttons for the closet. Note the splitter between the search results and the list of items in various locations...if possible this feature would be very desirable not only in this location, but other locations where 2 panes are side by side.

Several buttons were left out which would be desired and needed. I only placed enough buttons to demonstrate the changing interface by storage/inventory location. I was focussing more on the functionality and ideas for the search feature, and showing a possible way of integrating with other kolmafia storage/inventory based features.

I also include a zip file containing the source code. It was written using Borland Delphi 6.

Edit This is strictly win32 platform...winxp,2000,me should be able to run this. older windows machines may be able to run this if they have the borland .dll files in their system directory. Heh! The downfall to Delphi/Pascal!

Attachments

• source.zip
    88.6 KB · Views: 57
  • lookup.exe
    605.5 KB · Views: 87

macman104

yea, "inv [filter]" will produce a list of any items that you have, that contain the [filter]. It's quite useful