Bug - Fixed Trying to shore with nearly-out fortune cookie counter clears the counter

adeyke

I had a fortune cookie counter of 2 and tried to shore in the relay browser. It very helpfully warned me of the counter, allowing me to adventure somewhere else to get the semi-rare. However, it also cleared the counter.

jasonharper

Developer
That is the intended behavior when a counter is going to expire 1 or 2 turns in the future; I assumed that users would be able to count to 1 or 2 on their own, and would find a reoccurrence of the counter warning in that short of a time to be more of an annoyance than a help.

However, this behavior could be easily changed. Comments, anyone?

Gdunge

Personally, I prefer being warned. It will only happen once or twice, so no big deal annoyance-wise. However, if I don't manage to count to 1 or 2 on my own, I feel very stupid. I prefer a slight annoyance to a not-so-slight facepalm.

(YMMV, no big deal either way, I will continue to use KoLmafia regardless.)

StDoodle

Minion
I prefer being warned, as I've missed the actual number a good few times in my click-haste and ended up wasting a few turns in a SR zone to be "safe." Thing is, you're not likely to do something like shoring with a low SR counter unless you're in a hurry to get your turns in in the first place, so it seems even more likely, IMO, that a person in such a situation might miss the counter's number.

slyz

Developer
When the counter is cleared, a counter script won't be able to treat it once it's really up. I'm for the change too.

jasonharper

Developer
Ok, r8357 no longer deletes counters after notification if they expire in the future.

Note that this changes how you'd have to write a counterScript that actually handles future expirations: they should ONLY burn the indicated number of turns somewhere, nothing else. If they try to actually get the semi-rare (or whatever), they would trigger another instance of the script (that will get the semi-rare in response to the re-delivered counter expiration), resulting in a wasted turn.

Bale

Minion
Note that this changes how you'd have to write a counterScript that actually handles future expirations: they should ONLY burn the indicated number of turns somewhere, nothing else. If they try to actually get the semi-rare (or whatever), they would trigger another instance of the script (that will get the semi-rare in response to the re-delivered counter expiration), resulting in a wasted turn.

Thanks for the warning.