Feature - Implemented Removing/changing items attached to messages

Edir

Say I want to send a Kmail and attach an item to it. However, for some reason, say being distracted, I attach the wrong one. Is there a way to remove/change the attached item?
I COULD close the message window and reopen it but that's a bit of a hassle and I' have to rewrite everything.

jasonharper

Developer
You are referring to mafia's internal "send a message" feature, right? It looks like the only thing you can currently do is to switch the Source popup between inventory and storage, and then back again - this will clear the attachment list, without losing the message.

Edir

Yep, I mean that feature.
I actually lost some stuff because of this problem(well, that and my absent-mindness). Not complaining, just wanted to share this with you people:
I had 5 black shields to send to smashbot(wadbot was offline), by mistake I ended up putting the black shield x 5 TWICE in the message and sent it anyway. It was a failure to Kolmafia sent it as a gift, and it was donated to the bot.
Perhaps I should find a way to disable the 'send gift messages if normal ones'fail thing mafia does automatically.

Anyway, thanks for the 'switch the source'tip, I'll use it, should save some time.

mad dudy

Why not make it so you can hit the delete button or right click zero out. So you can just remove 1 item from the list in case if someone added the wrong thing and had a lot of item on the list.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hitting the delete key to remove the selected item(s) from the list seems reasonable. We use that convention elsewhere in KoLmafia to remove things from a list.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And revision 10276 makes it so: you can select one or more items on the list of attachments and hit the "delete" key to remove them.