Bug - Won't Fix Lobster qua Grill breaks clan stash in Mini-browser

Yvain

Due to the special characters in Lobster qua Grill when one is in the clan stash the items in the stash are not correctly displayed in the Mini-browser. Everything up to "Lobster" (from Lobster qua Grill) displays properly in the drop down box then everything after (from "qua Grill" onwards) displays as text after the drop down list.

Bale

Minion
Do you really use the mini-browser to play KoL? This isn't the only place where the mini-browser doesn't work properly after all.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
FWIW, I ignore bug reports on the mini-browser. We pop it up when an unexpected choice adventure comes up, and if that leads you to a fight, you need to be able to (mostly) use skills and items and such, but we expect that your usage of it will be extremely transient.

If you can't use it for something that we force upon you (like the above mentioned unknown choice adventure), I'll pay more attention...

Bale

Minion
That was what I figured the policy was concerning the mini-browser. It's a bit much to expect mafia to contain a fully functional web browser after all.

Rinn

Developer
Could we get a setting to open a new relay browser window instead of the minibrowser?

slyz

Developer
FWIW, I ignore bug reports on the mini-browser. We pop it up when an unexpected choice adventure comes up, and if that leads you to a fight, you need to be able to (mostly) use skills and items and such, but we expect that your usage of it will be extremely transient.
The request would be for a new relay browser page instead of the mini browser popping up. When this happens, I generally open a relay browser tab anyway to handle the combat.

Bale

Minion
*confused* Can't you just click the load in web browser button for however many tabs you want?

What they want is for their relay browser to be automatically updated with the information that would be in the mini-browser. They already know that they can update their relay browser manually.
Advantages:
  1. Don't have to close the mini-browser when it pops up.
  2. Don't have to refresh the relay browser.
  3. Integrates with relay browser play.

Disadvantages:
  1. Doesn't do a good job of announcing that mafia needs intervention.
  2. Not helpful for automators who don't use the relay browser.

StDoodle

Minion
Marking as "Will Not Fix" as mini-browser bugs are generally ignored unless they actually prevent you from finishing a one-off task, as described in detail by Veracity. If the relay browser alternative is still an issue, please make it a separate Request (which it may be already, I dunno).