Bug - Not A Bug Odd scrollback in Graphical CLI and (probably) chat

Aankhen

I noticed that in the Graphical CLI, the output buffer shows some strange scrollback behaviour: instead of erasing a line at a time when the maximum limit is hit, it clears an entire chunk of the history. I narrowed it down to the ChatBuffer class from SpellCast.

My suggested replacement is that the history be erased roughly a line at a time when the maximum scrollback buffer size is exceeded. This is less surprising (since most programs do the same) and avoids losing information (EatDrink sessions keep getting cut off for me, which is what prompted me to investigate in the first place).

The attached patch implements this behaviour and adds a user preference to control the size of the scrollback.

Attachments

• configurable-scrollback.patch
    3.7 KB · Views: 45

StDoodle

Minion
Since this thread has gone almost a year without reply, I'm assuming that the devs prefer this behavior as-is for one reason or another (probably simplicity). I'm also guessing that the main problem would be too-verbose responses in a script, rather than mafia behavior, and as such I'm labeling this as "Not a Bug." Feel free to bump if this interpretation is incorrect, or additional info can be added.