Can't copy-paste

Edir

Hi there, Kolmafia is a great tool but I have problem with it - I can't paste text I've copied from somewhere else.
For example, say I'm in KolMafia chat and want to paste a link I copied from firefox. It doesn't let me. Or if I want to paste the name of an item to search it in the mall
I don't think this is a bug with the software, since otherwise there would be other reports about it so...what could cause it? Perhaps I need to update java? Or is there some specific option/setting that needs to be enabled to paste text?

edit: I've noticed I can copy and paste stuff from INSIDE KolMafia, but not from say, Firefox or a text file.

slyz

Developer
What OS are you running?

EDIT: oh, and how do you paste? using the ctrl+v keyboard shortcut? Or are you trying to use the right-click menu?

Rinn

Developer
I've noticed there are times where copying text from the cli window just stops working. I haven't looked into it to see what causes it to stop working, but I've seen it happen pretty consistently.

Edir

I use the keyboard shortcuts. And as I mentioned, I can copy and paste INSIDE Kolmafia, or even copy something from Kolmafia and paste it outside, what I cannot do is copy something from outside and paste it inside. Almost like KolMafia had a separate copy/paste buffer.
As for my OS - running windows XP

mredge73

It happens to me all the time. I cannot copy from the cli and paste on this site for example. But for some reason I can paste to notepad, then copy from notepad and paste here.
I thought it was just me.

I always use shortcut keys: ctrl-c, ctrl-v
-win xp

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
FWIW, I routinely copy from a cell in a an Excel spreadsheet and paste into the mall search field, and copy from the gCLI window and paste into a Firefox window open to a page edit on the KoL wiki. I have to use the keyboard shortcuts on the mafia end of things but right click or menu options work elsewhere. Windows 7 64 bit.

I'd say if the keyboard shortcuts don't work then this should be a feature request or bug report but I expect they will work.

kain

XP here, I've never had any sort of an issue copying or pasting to/from any of the Mafia windows.

Edir

In other news - I can now copy and paste, yay! Shame I don't know WHY it didn't work before but it does now.