Feature Function to Return Map of Locations Visited

bumcheekcity

The function my_location() returns the last location you visited, which is brilliant. There should be a function that returns a map of them all (in this session) in the order in which they were last visited for use in scripts. There should also be peace on earth, and harmony between peoples of all different races, religions and creeds, but I'll settle for the function.

jasonharper

Developer
This seems like a function that couldn't be relied on to return any useful information - it might return a whole day's worth of adventure locations if the player did it all in one session, or nothing at all if they logged out and logged back on. What exactly were you planning to do with the results?

bumcheekcity

Relay override script, storing all the locations, amongst a few other small things. It wouldn't store anything the first time one logs on, but over the course of adventuring it would store something like:

Code:
string [] locvisited;
locvisited = all_locations_visited();

for i in locvisited {
  print i;
}

/*
Would print something like:
The Haunted Gallery
The Entrance Chamber
Harem
The Haunted Gallery
*/

This information is already tracked (type "locations" into the CLI). Might be nice to have a version that strips out doubles, but I'd be prepared to have that left to the script writer. Oh, and a counters() command would also be good. Again, "counters" in the CLI does this, it's just an ASH function needed.

Last edited: