Bug - Not A Bug Mafia make Firefox lag out

Ferdawoon

When I run Mafia, it make my Firefox lag out completly, something that seem to only really happen when I run Mafia (I have not run any other Java program like Mafia so not sure if i is Mafia or the Java itself).

What happen is that as I start Mafia, tings work fine. After a while though FireFox get slow in responding. The Hand icon when hovering over a link will not appear properly, meaning I cant click any link. When tabbing between Mafia and FireFox, FF will not load properly but it can take a while (same as with the link-clicking). Mafia still work just fine though. When clicking a link in FF it will not send me to the new page, but I have to click 2-3 times.

What I can do to solve it is to close FF (save the tab info for later) and then just restart it, and it will work for a while again.

I just got this dual-core Win7 laptop which I guess is part of the trouble. What I dont know though is what parts of it that you would like to know more about to make a decent troubleshooting.

EDIT: I have now used my turns today having the KoL chat closed, and this might be a good time to add that I always play in the Web Browser using Mafias handy little button to start it, and I tend to have the chat open more or less all the time.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Looks more like a problem with FF than with Mafia... I always use the latest daily build and FF 3.6, and never had this kind of problem.

Ferdawoon

I think I can define it down to something with the Chat.
I played my turns with chat closed and it worked ok. Then I started the chat and suddenly FF started to lag a lot..

Anyone have any idea what it could be about? Will try to update my Java later and see if that have any effect.

Ferdawoon

Ehhm, I think that is the button I use. Me and computers, esp me and computerlanguage in english. Not the best combo.
I use that button that Mafia have to open a window in my FF, the one that have all the numbers in the adress.