Bug - Fixed Lobster [I] qua I] Grill

Spiny

r8334

I reported this to KoL as I think it may actually be a KoL bug, but I'm reporting it here as well just in case it causes issues.

The item is Lobster qua Grill.

"inv Lobster" will show how many you have, but "inv Lobster qua" or "inv Lobster qua Grill" will not, presumedly because qua is italicized and the search string is not.

HippoKing

It seems to me that it would make an awful lot of sense to return anything in italics when the non-italicised string is searched for. I doubt it would occur to many people to put italic tags in the search string.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There are precisely two items with italicized words in them. Like it or not, those items' names include HTML tags. Like it or not, the various items with a trademark symbol include the character entity - ™ - as part of the name.

You are asking for a change to fuzzy matching. I've never touched that. I'll let Jason comment on this if he wants.

jasonharper

Developer
"inv" (and the other commands that show a filtered list of data) doesn't actually use fuzzy matching (which would have no problem with the italic tags), it's purely a substring match.

r8335 will also try this substring match against a version of the text with HTML tags removed, so "inv lobster qua" will now work.