Feature - Rejected Expansion of right-click menu for Session Results.

I was wondering if you would consider expanding the right-click menu of possible actions in the Session Results tab under the Adventure tab, so that you can quickly accomplish tasks that normally requires usage of the Item Manager.

1) For the autoConsume option, it would be nice to have a popup that asks how many to consume (from 0 to numberOfItemsOwned, defaulting to max). This would be similar to how the Item Manager does it.

If you have say 38 piddles in inventory, and acquired 2 more in the current session since last clearing, you might not want consume to eat 40 of them. (though if it is something like a container such as a slime cyst or wallet you probably would!). You might rarely want to just use 2 of them, the number shown in the recent acquisition parenthesis. In any case, a pop up would really clarify this! I once consumed a whole lot of something when I assumed(yeah I know) it would only use one.

2) Adding a MallSell right-click option would be a great new feature and would complement the existing autosell option.
Ill look thru my gained items and think, "I definitely want to sell that", but then I have to go to the item manager, find it, then mallsell there. This would be a great shortcut.

Another use case would be when I get an item and think, "Oh yeah, I need to get rid of all those". A mallsell with a popup would allow me to quickly rid myself of X amount of that item.

With this feature, one could very quickly and easily go through recent items gained and mallsell as desired.

Whatcha think?

Bale

Minion
Have you ever noticed the General -> Recent section of the item manager? It contains the same item list as session results, but with all the features you desire.

Hmph. Thanks for the pro-tip, Bale!

It is not that Mafia is not capable of doing such features of course. It is more of a matter that the features are already there, but it would be more convenient for the features to be added to the Session Results which is the 'main panel' for most players. I guess it all depends on whether it is easy to implement. Adding 'MallSell all' to right-click should be trivial and useful. However, adding popups for # of items might be implemented in the item manager instead of separately which wouldn't be worth dealing with.

If the Devs feel it is worthwhile, it could be looked into.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This is definitely a play style preference. For whatever reason, I find the Session Results to be uninteresting. That is probably because I wanted the right click functionality and it was already available in Recent so I adjusted my style, but in any event Session results is nowhere near the "main panel" for me. As I look at this from a Systems engineering perspective, instead of the narrower Software engineering perspective, I would suggest that the better solution is training and user documentation and not code changes.

Winterbay

Well, seeing as unless you do anything, i.e. set it up to your liking, the session result is one of the two windows that open up when you start as standard I think that it is probably the "main panel" for most users that do not optimize/customize a lot of things. I've often wanted to use such a right-click option but found it not to be tehre and then given up leading to my inventory now being full of stuff that does not really need to be there :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I don't do any customization and the Session results are often in my face. But over several years of mafia use I start the program, immediately switch to the Item manager to eat and drink, switch to Session to auto-adventure, switch back to Item to overdrink and then drop down to Recent to do whatever Inventory management needs to be done, using the right click options. I am already in the Item manager when I decide to manage the items listed in Session and Recent.

I seem to recall, perhaps on the alpha-tester/developer forum, a lot of discussion about which right click options should be where and so I have a vague sense that someone had a good reason, at the time, for not adding them to Session. I'll also note that there seems to be little doubt that the right click options are a good feature. The discussion is really about whether adding them elsewhere is worth the effort compared to whatever else someone could be doing.

Winterbay

Interesting. I do almost everything out of the session results. Recent is so hidden in the item manager that I always keep forgetting that it is there. The item manager is mainly used for creating things, for food and drink and for using of general items. Sometimes I also use the smashing function but that is about it. The rest of the item manager I generally never even look at.

Bale

Minion
It would probably be helpful for a lot of new users if there was so much right-click functionality for the session results... It is true that I see this question asked by new users, not infrequently.