Feature - Implemented chessboardsCleared isn't yet implemented properly

Bale

Minion
I'm not sure if this is a feature request or a bug report, but I fear that this has fallen by the wayside. It has been 12 days since this...

Code:
Revision: 8246
Author: veracity0
Date: 11:28:27 AM, Wednesday, March 10, 2010
"chess board" now labels columns with letters a-h.
"chess test" now (also) describes the various moves in chess notation
Do not visit the looking glass as part of breakfast unless your lounge has one
Certain status effects have meat.gif as an image. This fooled FightRequest into
assuming they were a meat gain, not an effect gain. Look for the "onClick"
attribute of the image (present for items and effects) first - and assume it's
an item or effect, respectively - before making deductions based on specific
image file names.
Attempt to notice when a freed guard turtle returns and gice you warm fuzzies.
The various cookie effects now vary according to the "[B][COLOR="#ff0000"]chessboardsCleared[/COLOR][/B]"
setting - [B][COLOR="#ff0000"]which we do not set anywhere, yet.[/COLOR][/B]
Adjust some consumption data for various chess cookies.

Since then you've added full support for automatically solving the chessboard, but regardless of solving it manually or automatically, chessboardsCleared is not incremented.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8327 increments chessboardsCleared whenever you take the last move on the chessboard and get yourself a queen cookie.

Bale

Minion
Thank you! I've been incrementing it from the CLI whenever I get a queen cookie, so I'm happy that I can now let mafia pick up from the current number. :D

GValko

Is this counter displayed anywhere? I mean I know its in the settings, but Iw as wondering if there's any part of Mafia that actually uses the datum.

Bale

Minion
Mafia uses the data for information about what status effects you'll get when you eat a chess cookie. It tries to be accurate, based on number of boards cleared.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. The various effects that you get for eating a chess cookie get better, the more times you clear the board. We take that into account.