Feature - Implemented Track PM Carboloading for trophy/Prevent eating carb food while doing so.

ozoneb

I've screwed up the PM nemesis trophy at least twice. Maybe more because my standard food fare includes gnoccetti and sometimes I get into a rush to burn up the turns and forget about it.

Also, I've lost track of how many days I've been carboloading as well. If mafia could count that, it would be a help.

Oz'

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ha. I'm on day 2 of this, myself. Just this morning, I was considering adding a counter. It's easy to count up when you cast it. It's not so easy to recognize when you use it up. Yes, if we happen to observe you eating the noodle food, since there is a message.

I'm not sure about "preventing" eating food with dry noodles (or, presumably, evil noodles) if you have Carboloading active. You may really want to eat them and reap the extra adventures, either because you are done with the trophy or because you don't care about getting it at the moment.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I closeted a bunch of stuff to avoid making any pasta dishes and pre-bought alternative food so that there wouldn't be any pasta dishes to tempt me in the Item Manager. Tomorrow I can stop worrying about that.

Bale

Minion
I've been putting off this trophy until last specifically because I was hoping you'd implement warning/tracking before I got there. Sounds annoying.

PS. Thanks for the turtle tracking for the TT trophy. I appreciated it!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8326 attempts to track your level of carboloading in a setting named, surprisingly, "carboLoading".
- When you cast it successfully, we increment it
- If you are a Pastamancer, eat, and the response indicates that you "feel suddenly bloated", we set it to 0.

No attempt, yet, to limit you to casting it once a day, although we do detect excess attempts.
No attempt to warn you if you eat pasta with this count > 1. I'm not sure if I will do that, but that seems reasonable: if the count is 1, you might just be using your daily use of the skill, but there's no obvious reason to save it up unless you are going for the trophy.

Bale

Minion
No attempt to warn you if you eat pasta with this count > 1. I'm not sure if I will do that, but that seems reasonable: if the count is 1, you might just be using your daily use of the skill, but there's no obvious reason to save it up unless you are going for the trophy.

That does seem reasonable. Or else you could just have a preference spaghettihose and have the user set spaghettihose = true if he wants to be stopped. Your idea is probably better though.

ozoneb

I do think the > 1 strategy is a good one. Maybe instead of a preference, simply pop a confirmation first like the semirare adventure. I don't think it would get too annoying. :)

Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 8345 pops up a nag dialog if you try to eat pasta when you have carboloading between 2 and 9 inclusive: 1 is probably normal aftercore eating and 10 or more will get you the trophy.