Feature - Rejected CLI matching too permissive

NardoLoopa

# cast aria
You'd think that might cast "Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance"

And it used to, but recently it matches two things:

Moxie of the Mariachi
Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance

I wouldn't consider this a reasonable match. Perhaps the match should be against word-boundaries?
/\b(\1).*/ ?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I generally just use "cast ur", mostly because it's faster to use. But this wouldn't be -too- difficult to implement, I'd imagine.

slyz

Developer
I'd rather have mafia warn of any ambiguity. You never know when a new skill with the same beginning/ending as an old one will come out.

Bale

Minion
There was some discussion of fuzzy matching last week. The conclusion was to warn any time it is ambiguous without mafia ever deciding for you. I think that is a good default behavior. Learn to use something non-ambiguous like "Ur-"

slyz

Developer
or you could make aliases for all your favorite shortcuts, like alias aria => cast 1 Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance

NardoLoopa

I understand the work-arounds, but I'm still failing to imagine a case where matching the middle of a word is desirable. However, I can imagine cases where matching the middle of a word is undesirable: say you fat-finger one of the letters of your keyword -- all of a sudden you're matching something you had no idea you'd be casting.

Instead of typing: cast aria
You type: cast riac
[reason unknown, but go with me here]

Now I'm casting Mariachi?

I personally would have thought that I might get a pass on the mistake as no castable starts with "Riac".