Bug - Fixed Retrieve all possible tower items even if you have a telescope

Atheist Nutter

When you hit lair4.php or lair5.php for the first time in an ascension, we run through every possible tower item and if it's trivial to acquire it, we do it. However, if you have a complete telescope, you know exactly which items you need. (Technically, if you have a 6-piece telescope, the only item you don't know about is an uncreatable shore item that we can ignore.)

I've written a possible fix for this, by adding extra logic to SorceressLairManager to check your telescope. If you have at least a 6-piece telescope and it can identify all five potentially-retrievable tower items, it retrieves them. If your telescope is too small or something goes wrong, it uses the old logic. I have only tested it with my own character (with a full telescope).

Attachments

• scopedtower.diff
    2.9 KB · Views: 48

Bale

Minion
Mostly I find it rather seem unnecessary, and a waste of server hits, when mafia purchases hairspray and makes an NG when my telescope says that I don't need them. I'd welcome a change that ceased that.

Last edited:

HippoKing

It'd also be sweet if there was a decorator which actually showed the monsters along your tower and whether or not you have the items, but that is a lot of work for mostly aesthetic gain.

haha whoops

It seems to me that if you have a 6-part telescope and bother to use it, then automatically retrieving items is the last thing you want to do. Does this even do anything? It gets powdered organs, and all the others you have to pull.

Atheist Nutter

It seems like people are not understanding the problem here.

Firstly, note that we only retrieve tower items when it is trivial to do so. The current behavior is to retrieve every tower item, i.e. buy a hair spray, paste together an NG if you have the ingredients, and decloset any tower items you have closeted. It's very possible to be in a situation where this isn't a helpful action, namely if you have a full telescope. If you have a full telescope, you only want to retrieve the tower items that you actually need.

I'm not suggesting that we should do more than we currently do, I'm suggesting that we are doing some things that we shouldn't be doing. That's why I submitted this as a bug report rather than a feature request.

Bale

Minion
In other words, when you know that you won't face a Globe or Ice Cube, then it is just meaningless server hits to buy hairspray and paste an NG. Pointless server hits are a bug.

Terion

With r8635, I just started my trip up the tower. After clicking on the Gate to advance to levels 1-3, I saw this in my gCLI:

Tower Guardian #6: unrecognized.
Searching for "hair spray"...
Requests complete.

Purchasing hair spray (1 @ 24)...
You acquire an item: hair spray
You spent 24 Meat
Requests complete.

Purchases complete.

My penultimate telescope shows I don't need a hair spray, so it doesn't need to buy it. I already had an NG, as I knew I needed one and created it when I got the parts.

(If I should create a new post, rather than bumping this "fixed" post, let me know.)

Last edited:

Theraze

Probably best to do as a new post, as it's a new bug. The (potential) bug being that it didn't recognize your 6th guardian.