Feature - Implemented Insult tracking, and Insult Beer Pong

I've been not using mafia, and then logged in with mafia today, it doesn't know about my pirate insults, totally understandable, that's fine. However, when I go into the insult pong adventure, I clearly have one of the valid insults, but mafia does not select it in the list. Nor does it look at the list to confirm or fill out any insults that I have that it does not know about.

Just some food for thought. Probably more of an edge-case thing, but definitely something that should eventually be looked at.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This IS a repeat of a bug report from the old system - which we did not address. He wants us to pick up the insults you know from the dropdown presented when you visit Beer Pong.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Last few times I ran through the Barr the relay browser had the correct response if I knew it for every choice so I'm going to close this.

slyz

Developer
It was actually a feature request: have Mafia learn the insults you know from the options offered in the Beer Pong adventure.

I'll re-mark this as a Feature Request, albeit a pretty low priority one.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It was actually a feature request: have Mafia learn the insults you know from the options offered in the Beer Pong adventure.

I'll re-mark this as a Feature Request, albeit a pretty low priority one.

I'm confused - not an unusual state. Mafia already knows the insults and fills fields in the relay browser as appropriate. Is this a request to learn the insults from some non-mafia source? If so I have no problem with marking it as rejected - will not implement since it is an edge case that results from adventuring outside of mafia and there is ample precedent for not doing too much much to detect and correct state inconsistencies that result from not using mafia.

slyz

Developer
it is an edge case that results from adventuring outside of mafia and there is ample precedent for not doing too much much to detect and correct state inconsistencies that result from not using mafia.

I think correcting state inconsistencies should be done whenever it is possible. Mafia does this for many things: for example, if a player who unlocked the hidden temple outside of mafia visits woods.php, and temple.gif is present, the lastTempleUnlock property is updated.

Some players might learn insults outside of Mafia, and re-log with Mafia just to make the Beer Pong adventure easier. Since all the answers a player knows are in the choices offered in the non-combat, it should be fairly easy to implement. It just requires a bit of time.

Again, this is pretty low priority, but it doesn't cost anything to leave this open.

The one issue i've noticed but haven't bothered to report is that the FIRST insult doesn't pick the right one from the list, even if it's available. Once I manually select the right one for the first insult, the next 2 are autoselected for me

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The one issue i've noticed but haven't bothered to report is that the FIRST insult doesn't pick the right one from the list, even if it's available. Once I manually select the right one for the first insult, the next 2 are autoselected for me

That hasn't been true for me in the relay browser. Are we contradicting each other or are you using the mini-browser?

Where I've noticed it is when i'm running in native mafia and the choice adv hits and opens in a popup browser window. I don't what you guys call that - maybe it's the mini-browser? - but i don't usually do that part of the game in relay.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10217 autodetects known insults from the Retort! form in a Beer Pong game. It also does a nicer job of logging the game in the session log. I did not - and will not - look at the mini browser vs. the relay browser issue.