Request: Quick Status Snapshot for Spading Needs

Gadaree

When it comes to logging stuff, Mafia's gCLI window is a blessing compared to how much technical info the game gives. Still, I find myself spending a considerable amount of time tracking changes that might affect the object of research.
Alas, I myself have zero skill in scripting.

I'd like to know if there exists a script that summarizes one's current state and shows it in gCLI in one piece (so that it can be easily copypasted for whatever needs), and if there doesn't, how much effort it would take.

Desired output after calling the script:

TT 14, Mus 350 (190), Mys 186 (123), Mox 186 (121)
ML +10, enc +0%, init +0%, exp +1.25, meat +36%, item +52% DA +430 DR +6
Weapon +8 +10 hot +0%, Ranged +0 +0%, Crit +0 +0%, ElemRes +3/+1/+1/+1/+1
Untamed Turtle 35 lb (smiley-face sticker)
Elder Turtle Shell, Flail of Seven Aspects, cup of infinite pencils, Grateful Undead T-shirt, Galapagosian Cuisses, Order of the Silver Wossname, Red Balloon of Valor, Garter of the Turtle Poacher

I know this info is readily available in Mafia. What I don't like is that I have to type it out every time any of these modifiers change.

P.S. Numbers taken directly from my current state. I wonder why 10 ML translates to 1.25 exp and not 2.5 exp.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
log [status],[equipment],[effects],[etc.] - record data, "log snapshot" for all common data.
This is a CLI command that you could use before or after every adventure. There's also "log modifiers" which lists some of your modifiers. I don't know all of what is supported, but trying "log X" where X isn't supported causes your entire inventory to be logged (I got that from "log familiar").

Edit: It looks like the available options are moon, status, equipment, skills, effects, and modifiers, looking at the output of "log snapshot". Modifiers shows a lot less than the modifiers you can see in the mafia GUI, but effects + equipment should be enough to put it together (or just modifiers for some things).

Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer
Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

Code:
print( "Character: Level " + my_level() + " " + my_class() + "." );
print_html( "Mus: <font color='blue'>" + my_buffedstat($stat[muscle]) + "</font> (" + my_basestat($stat[muscle]) + "). Mys: <font color='blue'>" + my_buffedstat($stat[mysticality]) + "</font> (" + my_basestat($stat[mysticality]) + "). Mox: <font color='blue'>" + my_buffedstat($stat[moxie]) + "</font> (" + my_basestat($stat[moxie]) + ")." );
print( "ML: " + monster_level_adjustment() + ". Enc: " + combat_rate_modifier() + "%. Init: " + initiative_modifier() + "%. Exp: " + experience_bonus() + ". Meat: " + meat_drop_modifier() + "%. Item: " + item_drop_modifier() + "%. DA: " + damage_absorption_percent() + "%. DR: " + damage_reduction() + "." );
print( "Familiar: " + my_familiar() + " " + familiar_weight(my_familiar()) + "lb (" + familiar_equipped_equipment(my_familiar()) + ")." );
print( "Hat: " + equipped_item($slot[hat]) );
print( "Shirt: " + equipped_item($slot[shirt]) );
print( "Weapon: " + equipped_item($slot[weapon]) );
print( "Off-hand: " + equipped_item($slot[off-hand]) );
print( "Pants: " + equipped_item($slot[pants]) );
print( "Acc1: " + equipped_item($slot[acc1]) );
print( "Acc2: " + equipped_item($slot[acc2]) );
print( "Acc3: " + equipped_item($slot[acc3]) );
print_html( "ElemRes: <font color='red'>" + elemental_resistance($element[hot]) + "</font>/<font color='blue'>" + elemental_resistance($element[cold]) + "</font>/<font color='purple'>" + elemental_resistance($element[sleaze]) + "</font>/<font color='gray'>" + elemental_resistance($element[spooky]) + "</font>/<font color='green'>" + elemental_resistance($element[stench]) + "</font>." );

I took the liberty of colour coding the elemental resistance aspect, to make it obvious what's what. I also coloured the buffed stats (although that should have been obvious regardless). Anything else, add yourself.

Last edited:

Gadaree

Thanks for the replies.

Grotfang said:
Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?
Barring that it shows base fam weight instead of modified, that is exactly what I had in mind. I think I'll try to fix that on my own. Thanks again.