container?

StDoodle

Minion
While working on the wiki project, I distinctly remember getting $slot[ container ] returned from a function, and I think that function was to_slot(). (This was at least a week ago, and I'm not sure what revision # I was on at the time.)

Now, however (r8267), mafia doesn't seem to recognize $slot[ container ]. Was this an intentional decision to clean up the codebase / avoid annoying the 99.999% of us who will never see a container / etc., or is this unintentional?

Just for reference, I have absolutely no preference or opinion in the matter; I just want the wiki to be accurate. ;)

Bale

Minion
Code:
> ash foreach key in $slots[] print(key);

hat
weapon
off-hand
shirt
pants
acc1
acc2
acc3
familiar
sticker1
sticker2
sticker3
fakehand
Returned: void
Yup. No container. I wonder why.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We don't support the container slot. If I recall, somebody asked us to add support for it about 3 years ago, but we declined, since, as you say, it is only useful for a tiny handful of people. I am not one such, so any testing would be rather hit-or-miss. I decided a while ago that if I ever personally owned a container, I'd add the slot internally, but would not show it on the Gear Changer, where it would, as you say, annoy everybody else.

Somebody asked us to make Meat balances not overflow at 2 billion or so, and I think Jason declined to do that because that would be an even bigger testing nightmare.

StDoodle

Minion
Was it partially supported at least in terms of one or two functions before? Or am I just crazy... (It could well be; I'm thinking it might have been "item_type()" that I ran, which of course is slightly different info. So yeah, I'm just crazy. :p)

jasonharper

Developer
item_type() is entirely capable of returning "container" - but note that's a string, not a $slot constant.

Anyone having trouble with their meat balance overflowing can just send me 2.2 billion, and the problem will be fixed instantly.

StDoodle

Minion
item_type() is entirely capable of returning "container" - but note that's a string, not a $slot constant.

Hence the "yeah, I'm just crazy." For some reason I had been convinced that I'd had that with to_slot(), which I don't think was the case. Me = dumb.

Anyone having trouble with their meat balance overflowing can just send me 2.2 billion, and the problem will be fixed instantly.

Yeah, I'll get right on that... :p