Bug - Fixed Favorite Familiar conflict between relay browser and mafia window.

Bale

Minion
When I right-click on the picture of my familiar in the relay browser's character pane I can change my familiar to another favorite. Then I adventure a little bit with that familiar and right-click on my familiar's picture in the mafia window to change back. (Yeah I sometimes mix it up like that.) The problem is that my original familiar is not listed in the favorite familiar's list in mafia, so I have to go back to my relay browser to switch.

This usually happens with my He-Boulder. I switch from my slimeling to the HeBo in the relay browser's favorite familiar pop-up. I adventure until I use my yellow ray. Then I sometimes switch back to the mafia window for inventory management and go to switch back to my slimeling while I'm there. Unfortunately I cannot find the slimeling in my familiar list and spend a little while puzzled before I remember the problem and go back to the relay browser to switch familiars with the favorite menu.

It's reasonable to work around, but it is a bug that causes me some loss of time.

Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
Are you saying that the previous familiar isn't showing up in mafia's familiar popup at all, or that it's just too difficult to find which submenu it's in?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Is the previous familiar on KoL's "favorite" list? I.e., when you equip a different familiar, is it available again as a "favorite" from KoL?

Bale

Minion
Is the previous familiar on KoL's "favorite" list? I.e., when you equip a different familiar, is it available again as a "favorite" from KoL?

That's correct. In my example, both the slimeling and hebo are on KoL's favorite list. That's why in the relay browser I can switch between them by right-clicking on the picture of my familiar. That works fine and KoL allows me to switch them that way. I can also switch them by going to my gear page. I'm only having trouble with the familiar switcher that I get by clicking on my familiar's picture on the left side of my mafia window.

This only happens when I use KoL's favorite menu to switch familiars. When I go to my terrarium mafia responds properly.

Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
Assuming that the problem is that your previous familiar is buried in a submenu (rather than not appearing in the popup at all - you never answered my question), this should be fixed in r8286.

Bale

Minion
Sorry that I missed your question. Yes, it was not in a submenu. It appeared properly in the mafia's favorite familiars menu at other times.

Just tested the fix and it works perfectly. Thank you.