Bug - Not A Bug Not using creepy grin?

Mixie

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place, still new at this. I'm running r8229.

My css looks like this:
Code:
1: Raving.ash
2: skill creepy grin
3: abort

Raving.ash is Bale's script that tries to steal, and uses the "knock loose" rave combo, which I renamed. It is working as intended, as far as I can tell. I put in 3: abort to test if it is working, previously I told it to run away (hoping to get a free one from the bander).

It keeps running raving.ash fine, and then going straight to abort. Is there something else I need to do, to make it cast creepy grin? (Yes, I am sure I have the V-mask equipped).

(Also, this same problem is happening with the stinky cheese eye, and its skill.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bale

Minion
This isn't really a bug. It's just the way that CCS's work. They often have this problem in conjunction with consult scripts that take a variable number of turns, like this one and SmartStasis.

If Raving.ash takes three turns, then it returns to your CCS at turn 4. Turns 3 and up are abort, so it aborts.

The way to make this work is to have a consult script that handles it, or else account for the turn that your CCS will pick up the combat which can be problematic.

Bale

Minion
Here's a consult script to use instead of "skill creepy grin"

Code:
void main(int initround, monster foe, string url) { 
   if(contains_text(url, "creepy grin")) { 
      url = use_skill($skill[creepy grin]); 
   while(!contains_text(url, "You win the fight")) {
      // change the next line to something other than abort if you've got a different action in mind.
      url = abort();
   }
}

Code:
1: consult Raving.ash
2: consult creepy.ash
That will use creepy grin if possible, otherwise it aborts. Obviously you may need to modify things to make it work differently if you don't want to abort.

Mixie

Oh, I understand now! Thanks very much for your help, and sorry I'm cluttering up the bug forum.