A bunch of relay browser enhancements disappeared

stufff

I recently upgraded from the r8094 exe to some of the latest daily builds, currently r8242 jar (though this problem occurred in a build I got a couple days ago as well). I've noticed a LOT of the enhancements I was used to in the relay browser are gone. Was wondering what the cause of this was, and how I could get them back. Some examples:

Stats about monsters such as estimated attack and item drop chance is no longer displayed.
I'm no longer notified that I have a free chance to run away, such as when I have ode and a Bander. (The number of times I've used my Bander to run away IS still kept track of in my character pane however.)
After combat, I no longer get a list of items that dropped before the last round of combat, such as Orc Chasm scrolls, pickpocketed items, and spooky putty monsters.
I no longer get a use link for usable items that are dropped during or after combat.
Other things I can't remember.

Other notes:
I still get use links for usable items that drop during non-combat adventures.
Everything in my Character pane still works fine.
I get an "unexpected error" with an identical generic debug message printed in the debug log after every combat.

Seems like something is breaking my adventure pane during combats.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, looking at your log, I see a very familiar NPE in RequestEditorKit.changePotionNames, trying to change the names of identified slime vials. It asks the ItemDatabase for the name of a vial (by item ID) and gets back a null.

I have no idea how that can happen. Any version of KoLmafia that has that code also has all the slime vials in the database. Others who have had the isse had a corrupted override file in their "data" folder - and deleting tradeitems.txt, itemdescs.txt, and modifiers.txt fixed it for them.

I have no idea how THAT can happen, either. I also don't understand why KoLmafia didn't automatically delete those stale overrides when the user updated to a newer build.

Revision 8243 adds a defensive check and will not take an NPE if it can't find the item name for a slime vial. The root cause remains, but at least users will not have their Relay Browser neutered when it does happen.

stufff

Sorry about the log confusion, I thought per the message in the log that I shouldn't be posting it on the message board, so I emailed it after I made this post.

I will attempt deleting the mentioned .txt files later today and see if that works.

The weird thing is, I am not a sauceror and have not been a sauceror for at least a few months. I don't know if those slime vials are tradable or not, if they are perhaps I unknowingly saw them in the mall, but I don't understand why items I don't have and don't believe I've encountered in the game would be causing such problems.

I first noticed the problem doing the new nemesis stuff as a TT, but I also updated Mafia because I wanted it to work with the new nemesis stuff, so I'm unsure whether it was the update or the TT nemesis stuff that started the problem.

stufff

r8243 fixed the problem with my relay browser, but I wanted to mention that I don't have any of the .txt files you mentioned in my data folder, or anywhere else in the kolmafia folder that I could see.

My data folder contains itemflags.txt, mallprices.txt, ocean.html, and tehkilt.txt

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
If you don't have the file in your data folder, Mafia loads them automatically from its internal database. If you want it to download a new version, type "update data" in the CLI.