Feature - Implemented Extra default goals for pyramid

adeyke

After getting the wheel, I sometimes like to adventure for 1 choiceadv in the middle chamber and then for 9 tomb ratchets in the upper chamber. Perhaps other people also go that route, in which case it would be convenient to have those as default goals to choose from.

Bale

Minion
Ditto. This would be nice.

I'd also like another goal for the defiled nook, cranny, alcove and niche: 1 choiceadv

At the cyrpt I maximize my noncombat until I get a choiceadventure at each location, then turn off my noncombat buffs and continue until I fight they boss. (Well, except for my stat location: at that location I continue to maximize noncombat until the boss is defeated.)

Bale

Minion
Many times I wish that there was a tomb ratchet goal in the upper chamber.

Could we have "9 tomb ratchet", please!

(Obviously a choiceadv goal is irrelevant for the cyrpt now that it has been revamped. It's been 15 months since this request last saw the light of day.)

Maybe I'm doing it wrong in Softcore, but I pull one, use it, then want to farm for 10. 10 tomb ratchets in the upper chamber.

Bale

Minion
Maybe I'm doing it wrong in Softcore, but I pull one, use it, then want to farm for 10. 10 tomb ratchets in the upper chamber.

Why not farm for 11? Once upon a time tomb ratchets would not drop until you turned the wheel in the middle chamber. That was changed. Now you can farm for 11 ratchets without ever leaving the upper chamber.

It's always 9 in hardcore, but 11 might make more sense in softcore. Anyway, even if you want to change the number it is a lot easier if there is already a tomb ratchet condition to edit.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Pulling 1 ratchet not only means you don't have to farm that one, it also means you don't "waste" a turn getting the carved wheel (which you will never place).

In HC, I believe that a character with everything available should use a ratchet if they get one before the carved wheel.

Bale

Minion
Pulling 1 ratchet not only means you don't have to farm that one, it also means you don't "waste" a turn getting the carved wheel (which you will never place).

Actually, that turn is not a waste since placing that wheel in the middle chamber does the work of TWO ratchets, not one. Whether to do this requires some careful consideration to balancing your item drop bonuses (and quantity of unicorn stickers you got this run since you'll also need them for the orchid) vs noncombat bonus to get the noncombat in the middle chamber.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r9971

I did both 9 and 11 ratchets. It is trivial to add 10 or just settle on one number and make the user edit the goal. Untested.