Forum Update

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Later today I will be updating the forums to vBulletin 4, with it we will have some changes to the site which include the builds pages and the bug tracker. At this time I'm going to be going through the bug tracker and closing tickets on all fixed bugs and then making a backup copy of all the bugs that are unresolved. After I've completed that I will update this thread and give an exact time on when the upgrade will be performed.

Any questions feel free to ask!

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
There are more bugs in the tracker than I suspected, I will have to make a read only version of it after the update so they can be imported in.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Forums will be switched to read only at 4:00pm EST. Not long afterwords we'll close the site for the upgrade.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Forums are back up, haven't gotten the bug tracker installed yet and the daily builds page is borked which I'm in the process of fixing.

Bale

Minion
The forum looks... different. Are you going to restore the original skin, or shall I just have to get used to this one?

Bale

Minion
There seems to be weird a problem with uploading attachments.

As you'll see here, the attachment's name is "Rainbow Gravitati&.ash" instead of "Rainbow Gravitation.ash".

Any clue why that would be?

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Get used to this one, and no idea might have to do with some kind of change in the way attachements are stored by name on the server. File looks fine otherwise. I'll have the bug tracker working sometime tomorrow.

slyz

Developer
Thanks a lot fewyn. I'm sure everyone will get used to it quickly =)

The only thing I'm going to have a hard time with is to not check red icons: a red icon now means the topic is hot, not that there are new posts.

icdmize

Wow... where am I?

I'm digging the forum; it's all shiny now. I hope the upgrade process hasn't been too painful.

mredge73

Echo, I liked the old skin much better because it was much easier on the eyes and new posts were easier to spot.

Anyway, where are the bug reports?
I seem to have misplaced them, I will look around some more.

I think the forum theme looks nice. Just changing the color of the icon for new posts would make it much easier to see as opposed to trying to change the whole theme.

Grotfang

Developer
I agree about the difficulty of seeing new posts. The theme is nice, but the fact that it's so light makes the bolded lettering very hard to pick up on. Could the bold be more pronounced, perhaps? Or maybe a deeper colour blue.

Ultimately familiar is always better than different. Sometimes change has to be forced in order to come out the other side :)

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Old skin is gone can't be brought back going to work on fixing colours later, as i said earlier bug reports will be back later today.

slyz

Developer
Ultimately familiar is always better than different. Sometimes change has to be forced in order to come out the other side :)

I agree. In a few months no one will remember what the old skin looked like.

And re. new posts, we just need to get used to looking for the little arrow next to the thread's name instead of the color of the icon.