Making mafia (.jar) auto run not working

risenjihad

This might be more of a java/.jar problem, but here goes.

I'm using windows xp, I'm trying to set up a schedule task that auto runs mafia. In the scheduled task, I run:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_13\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\Desktop\ABB\KoLmafia-7945.jar"

and the .jar runs, but none of the preferences load, which isn't very useful. When I double click the jar to run it, it works properly, but getting it to work via scheduled tasks doesn't seem to work...

Any help would be appreciated, in either a better way to do this, or a way to make it work...

jasonharper

Developer
On Windows, mafia looks for all related files in the current directory. Your scheduled task would need to change directories to where the jar file is before launching it.

risenjihad

On Windows, mafia looks for all related files in the current directory. Your scheduled task would need to change directories to where the jar file is before launching it.

so if I change the "start in" line to: ""C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\Desktop\ABB" it should work?

mottsy

so if I change the "start in" line to: ""C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\Desktop\ABB" it should work?

Does anyone know how to do this in windows 7, when i try to automate it at a certain time it tells me "could not find main class"

"C:\users\me\desktop\newfolder\Kolmafia-8026.jar." is the location of the file