Upgrades to the site

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm considering doing some upgrades to the site, including upgrading to vBulletin 4. This probably won't happen immediately but will in the near future.

So I come to you all and ask, is there anything you'd like to see done with the site? Any features you'd like to see or new things added?

Bale

Minion
My only dissatisfaction (and it is a small one), is that when I click on New Posts it doesn't list any new bug reports and feature requests. The forum is awesome.

What new features does vB4 have that we'd be interested in?

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Yea that's one I've been pushing for awhile with Project Tools (what we use as a bug tracker.) Maybe once it's finally been updated to vB4 and we upgrade I'll see about adding it in.

vBulletin 4 is basically a redesign of the entire forum software, slightly buggy atm but has an article system which I was thinking would be really nice for scripts and such.

The first major thing i can think of is maybe add a "new to mafia" section.

I recommend mafia to lots of people but they can't w*rk out how to use a whole lot of the features so they give up and say its shite, when its sooo not the case.

Maybe a list of simple commands for the GCLI, a wee introduction to the ash scripts available and for total n00bs, a "how to" when w*rking the easy stuff.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The first major thing i can think of is maybe add a "new to mafia" section.

I recommend mafia to lots of people but they can't w*rk out how to use a whole lot of the features so they give up and say its shite, when its sooo not the case.

Maybe a list of simple commands for the GCLI, a wee introduction to the ash scripts available and for total n00bs, a "how to" when w*rking the easy stuff.
This could easily be in the form of a new subforum added here somewhere. While more documentation would be useful, creating it isn't really related to upgrading the forum or other parts of the site. It looks like there are pieces of a reasonable guide at the wiki.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'd like it if one of the resolutions to a Bug report were "KoL bug" - i.e., "Not a gug" in KoLmafia, but a problem with KoL itself.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I can add that one right now actually Veracity.

Actually it's already done.