Chat issues, Help?

eitak

1. Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off [high] from the chat pane? It really annoys me and I wish I could make it go away. I highlight a lot of things so the tab is always turning another color.

2. Also, I can't seem to click on Mod Warnings anymore to see which mod posted it. I confirmed this with a friend who's also using the most recent build. Mod Announcements work fine.

3. Another weird tick- when I log on, I get automatically logged into chat whether or not I've clicked the chat pane icon yet. I can tell because when I log on, if I go to my clan's list of people, I see a black + sign next to my name. I've also tested it by logging into another multi by running a /whois on my main that has logged onto mafia. This is a bit annoying as I don't want to necessarily log into chat when I play the game, and I have clannies that try to talk to me. I've noticed this issue for a long time, but it used to be fixed if I turned on chat and then Xed out of the chat pane, but that's no longer working anymore. So now I have to log into chat every time I use Mafia so I don't miss any messages directed to me.

4. This doesn't really matter, but for some reason, /clan is highlighted whenever I log on, whether or not there's any text there. (/Clan is the default channel I'm in when I log in). This sometimes happens to other channels but I'm not sure why.

Last edited:

holatuwol

Developer
In the future, please avoid using the word "annoy" and its variations to describe the way something works, even if it's undesirable behavior and/or something that "really annoys" you. It's really hard to take your concerns seriously when you use words that are traditionally only used when picking fights with others. If you are in need of a substitute word/phrase, "I feel this is undesirable behavior" works just fine.

1. The highlighting feature and the [high] tab were originally intended to help /trade players track items they were looking for (that's pretty much the only reason highlights exist), but it's probably outlived its usefulness. Since you use text highlighting, I'll keep the highlighting piece in, but the [high] tab will be gone in future builds/releases.

2. The bug where moderator messages did not have player id links should be fixed. The unnoticed bug where Mod Announcement provided a link to the first person to post a moderator announcement during the user's current session for every moderator announcement should also be fixed.

3. KoLmafia hits the chat page on startup to determine your right click links to add them wherever KoL is missing them (yes, this got reported as a KoLmafia bug), but since it's not polling chat after that request, I have no idea why KoL thinks you're still in chat.

4. This happens because the routine that opens a window highlights also highlights it. I've updated this to only highlight a newly-opened tab when it's due to an incoming message, which should resolve this issue.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
While we're on chat issues, I think I figured out why my mafia window was becoming exceptionally large when logging a second character. I have chat set to open in a tab, and it seems like the window resizes to fit the largest line in the chat buffer at the moment it's created.

I think you can repro it by setting the chat to open in a window, then after you log in have someone send you an exceptionally long message, close the chat window, set the chat to open in a tab, then open the chat again.

eitak

You should definitely keep the highlighting feature if it's not a hassle to maintain. I know a lot of people that use mafia that highlight friends' names and such. Very useful. I also highlight my own name, which sounds narcissistic, but if someone addresses me I won't miss it while I'm only half watching chat. It does make sense to use for /trade as well.

Last edited: