Disco Chaining

Not sure if this should be here or under farming scripts. Is there a script that will auto chain my disco bandits moves (specifically chaining disco nirvana or Disco Concentration) then attack? I did grab fight_disco_combo.ash but when I run it it calls the script then just sits there.

I'd simply use a custom combat script to do this.

To do so, go to Combat Scripts tab, click New. Then you will have a new script that says,

[default]
1: special action
2: attack with weapon

Keep the Special Action (pickpocket, etc), and then add the appropriate skills.

i.e. 2: skill Disco Dance of Doom
3: Disco Dance of Doom II Electric Boogaloo
4,5,6: the eyepoke, dance combo. (see char sheet for exact skill names)
7: attack with weapon

Then when you go to the Castle or whereever, use this as your combat script. That way, you will get the +30% meat and +20% item for every single adventure.

slyz

Developer
You would have to be sure you can survive that many rounds beforehand, but yes, this would more straightforward than using SmartStasis. Of course, you would loose all the other benefits, like plinking until your hobomonkey or cocoabo/NPZR steals meat.

I'd simply use a custom combat script to do this.

To do so, go to Combat Scripts tab, click New. Then you will have a new script that says,

[default]
1: special action
2: attack with weapon

Keep the Special Action (pickpocket, etc), and then add the appropriate skills.

i.e. 2: skill Disco Dance of Doom
3: Disco Dance of Doom II Electric Boogaloo
4,5,6: the eyepoke, dance combo. (see char sheet for exact skill names)
7: attack with weapon

Then when you go to the Castle or whereever, use this as your combat script. That way, you will get the +30% meat and +20% item for every single adventure.

That sound more convenient than configuring the other scripts. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Right now I shouldn't have a lot of trouble surviving. Currently the character I'll be using it with is farming for prizes to give away in /games or the contest forums. I think he's 15th level and I haven't even opened the castle yet so he's still peak farming.

Another thing that I do is add several rounds of using Spices after the Disco Combos, which does 1 point of damage and is never consumed.

So he doesnt attack until round 10 for real. This lets me squeeze as much meat/HP/MP out of them as possible with my Stocking Mimic. Definitely do this if you have a similar pet.

With the Mimic I never have to worry about running out of mana either.

zarqon

Let me add a plug for SmartStasis, since its disco combo abilities are relatively new. I disagree that a basic CCS is more straightforward than SmartStasis. SmartStasis needs no configuration, and what's more, you don't need to micromanage your CCS during play -- it will cast disco combos only if they are available and only if they are profitable (or help you get a goal item). To set it up:

1) download three scripts -- SmartStasis, First Things First, and ZLib. Links to all of these are in my sig.
2) enter this for your CCS: 1: consult SmartStasis.ash

Then, enjoy a comprehensive feature set. Features relevant to this thread: it will only stasis for meat/mana from your familiar if your familiar can actually give you meat/mana, for one. Second, it takes that into account (along with the meat/item drops of the monster you're facing) when deciding whether to cast Nirvana/Concentration. Third, if you enter a combat low on MP with a mana-restoring familiar, SS will stasis the monster until you get enough MP, then cast appropriate combos when you have enough MP.

If you're looking to automate disco combos for farming, in my fairly informed opinion SS is the clear winner.