Newbie scripting, help needed [how to use void]

infern0

I often come across situations where I need to repeat the same set of tasks regularly, such as fighting hobo bosses, or buffing for slimetube runs.

Being slightly tired of entering each potion to consume in CLI every day, I decided to venture into the unknown world of .ash scripting to see if it could help me. I thus tried to create a script which would allow me to input the number of potions I wanted to consume in preparation for a slimeling run.

Xylpher's General ASH Tutorial here seemed to be modifiable into something that would suit my purposes, but I've run into a wall figuring out how to combine all the 'void blahblah's' together.

I can't figure out how to get void main to call upon the other void functions, and I get "Unknown Variable" or "Function x is undefined" errors no matter what I try and do.

Is there a kind soul out there who could point me in the direction of a guide for these functions, or be able to explain how to debug my script problems?

This scripting business has me completely flummoxed.

Attachments

• Slimebuffing.ash
    7 KB · Views: 50

Bale

Minion
I only glanced at your script, but the big problem is that you aren't remembering the arguments when you call your functions. Typing pill; and digital(); won't do it. You need to type pill(amount); and digital(amount);

And don't forget to define amount somewhere.

infern0

Thanks for the help Bale, that's fixed it :)

I believe the script now works, will test it out shortly.