hiding scripts

quite a while back something was mentioned about being able to make scripts not show on the scripts menu by adding a character or characters to the filename.

Can anyone remember that? if so:
A: does it still work?
if so:
B: what changes need be made to the file name?
C Does it work for entire folders?

Reason: I have a folder called archive in my scripts folder, and it contains several dated scripts which I don't want to fully discard, but I do not want them to appear on the menu anymore either.

Thanks in advance for any help.

holatuwol

Developer
If you have a script titled "hello.ash" (I think a lot of people here use ASH rather than CLI scripts), renaming them to any of the following will result in them being ignored:

hello.ash~
hello.ash.bak
.hello.ash

Also, because of the way data maps work, if you give it a flag in its file name to tell KoLmafia that it's a data map, it will also be ignored:

hello.ash.dat
hello.ash.map

Also, anything inside of a folder named "datamaps" will be hidden.

pastafresco

[quote author=muffins link=topic=459.msg2725#msg2725 date=1162720915]
This doesn't seem to work anymore... any chance it will be re-implemented?
[/quote]

It seems to be working fine for me.

I created two test files:

Test.ash
Code:
import <test.ash~>;

void main()
{
	println();
}

Test.ash~
Code:
void println()
{
	print("This is in println() in the file test.ash~, which should be hidden from the scripts tab of KoLMafia.");
}
void main()
{

}

Running the "Test.ash" works fine, printing:
Code:
> test.ash 
This is in println() in the file test.ash~, which should be hidden from the scripts tab of KoLMafia. 
Script succeeded!

Test.ash shows up in the scripts tab while test.ash~ does not.
When saving the files, notepad tended to want to save it as -whatever your file name- + ".txt"
That may have been your problem. Also, I didn't check the other types (.bak, .hello.ash, etc), so idk if those work or not.

muffins

[quote author=pastafresco link=topic=459.msg2734#msg2734 date=1162762209]Test.ash shows up in the scripts tab while test.ash~ does not.
When saving the files, notepad tended to want to save it as -whatever your file name- + ".txt"
That may have been your problem. Also, I didn't check the other types (.bak, .hello.ash, etc), so idk if those work or not.
[/quote]

Nah, I use EditPad pro to actually write scripts and rename them through explorer. I've tried renaming using the "." at the beginning of the filename... which apparently, windows doesn't like, I've tried .bak, .dat, ~, .map, but they all show up in my scripts menu.

This could, of course, just be a temporary bug in the version I'm using (SVN 2262 at the moment)... apparently it's up to 2282. I'll update and see if that resolves the issue.

Edit: The problem persists in 2282.

The problem is also visible to me in version 9.7 for me. I didn't notice till I purposely looked for it though because I haven't been using scripts much lately.

holatuwol

Developer
Could not replicate this bug in scripts in the root directory, but I was able to replicate it with scripts nested inside of folders. The bug has been fixed and will be available in the next release.

pastafresco

that's wierd... i'm using 9.7 and the ~ worked fine for me. :-\
I don't use the daily's, if that makes a difference.
Either way, i guess it'll work next version...

muffins

I was having some problems updating via SVN between 2282 and 2292, but everything seems to be back in working order now, and this has indeed been fixed.

Thanks!