Need help, i'm new to mafia stuff

bust A Cap

Hello, so I was looking around and i couldn't find any sort of FAQ or guide so I just decided to post a thread. If there is a FAQ or guide, then I'm sorry for my ignorance and inability to find it.

Anyways, I would like help in learning how to use scripts. How do i insert them and use them? And if its not too much trouble, could somebody give me a list of useful starting scripts? I know plenty about programming, so you don't have to assume I'm a complete idiot (although that might be the case).

I came upon scripts when I heard something about a script that would play 11 for you, using optimal play. Wanting to save time, I figured i would like to use this script. So how can I use the script (I already found the script so no link to it is necessary, but the thought is appreciated).

Thanks for the help!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Put it in your scripts folder (in the same folder as mafia on Windows, or in ~/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia on OSX, or ~/.kolmafia on linux), then go to the Scripts menu, "Refresh menu" just to be sure everything shows up (only do this step when you add scripts while mafia is running), then go to the menu again and click on the script. If the script needs any inputs, it will ask for them in a (hopefully) self-explanatory method.