KolMafia as an auto-spade?

itamaram

I would like to further explore the effectivity of an NPZR for farming and in general (precentages, quantities, etc').

How can I use KolMafia to do that? There is no need for a script here, as it is simply a matter of adventuring with the "hand shake" skill, it is the logs I wonder about...

Thanks,
Itamar

Nightmist

I'm not 100% sure but I have assumed that mafia has been "stasis nerfed" for non HC players. (So you might either need to script this or do it in HC, although this might have changed since the new scripting commands were added)

To get "in-combat" logs might end up requiring a script anyway using visit_url. (Thanks to the new substring commands it shouldn't be too hard to write up something that can output decent info.) But using a script to do the battle means you can be in SC while running this which is good... If you have any trouble then just make a script request with what you want to be checking for =).

itamaram

Did some looking around. Mafia does have combat-logs in its sessions folder.

Those are definitly useable, as they record item gain and loss (ie toast) heal and damage (medical systems, and normal attack) and meat gain.

Only problem is, it does not record deleveling. However, seeing how this is a single parameter out of many, it can be assumed from the others.

Which makes my question completely different. Anyone know where can I find a parser?

EDIT:I have wrote a parser myself for this particular problem. The log do not show frequency of familiar attack either, which is one variable too many to get a solid conclusion.

So the questino still stands, how can I get ALL combat parameters from a battle? Unless of course Nightmist have answered this question and I am just too out of date in ash scripting to understand it.

EDIT:EDIT: Going over the parsed data, I have noticed that the damage range of the "you lose x HP" statements is huge (I am talking 1-10). Now I am not sure about fumble damage calculation, but is it possible that KolMafia treats the damage done by your familiar the same way it does to damage done to you?

macman104

your parser needs to parse the debug log, which shows all html passed to mafia. To turn on debugging, open up the gCLI, and type "debug on". It's the Kolmafia.log file. That'll have all the info you need, but you may need to search a little bit through it to find exactly what you want to pull from it.

holatuwol

Developer
itamaram said:
Going over the parsed data, I have noticed that the damage range of the "you lose x HP" statements is huge (I am talking 1-10). Now I am not sure about fumble damage calculation, but is it possible that KolMafia treats the damage done by your familiar the same way it does to damage done to you?

Fumble damage has a huge range yes.  KoLmafia looks strictly for damage done to you (it doesn't care about familiar damage).  Prior to the weapon message changes, it does not (or rather should not) acknowledge damage done by your familiar to the enemy.  However, it's possible one of the new weapon messages looks exactly like the damage message KoLmafia looks for, and that could be causing problems, or perhaps the NPZR has an attack that resembles a battle damage message.

itamaram

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=438.msg2188#msg2188 date=1158487129]
your parser needs to parse the debug log, which shows all html passed to mafia.  To turn on debugging, open up the gCLI, and type "debug on".  It's the Kolmafia.log file.  That'll have all the info you need, but you may need to search a little bit through it to find exactly what you want to pull from it.
[/quote]

Thanks for that! thats exactly what I was looking for. It is slightly harder to parse though...

@holatuwol
Mafia logs do a splendid job at what they do. They do not mistake anything for something else. All results are as recorded. On a different note, why does shaking hands take one mp every round?

macman104

[quote author=itamaram link=topic=438.msg2200#msg2200 date=1158531686]
Thanks for that! thats exactly what I was looking for. It is slightly harder to parse though...[/quote]Yea, they are a little more annoying to parse, but it's not too bad, to loop through the excess stuff looking for certain indicators. For example, if you want to start looking for fight text, I use the phrase "Connecting to fight.php" as my cue text for a few parsers I made. If you need any help, let me know, I'll try and help you work through it.