Chat entries appearing in the gCLI window

Chyld

Howdy everyone, I'm sorry in advance if my n00bishness means this is blindingly obvious, in the wrong place, or just daft.

Very recently, I've had chat posts from whichever chat room I'm in start appearing in the Graphical CLI window in Mafia. I've checked under Preferances, and it doesn't seem I've changed anything that'd do this, and searching the forums doesn't provide any clues as to why this might be happening. Can anyone tell me how to turn this off please? Thank y'all.

Grotfang

Developer
This thread should give some explanation. In short, holotawul is making chat all new and shiny (a Good Thing) but, naturally, in between it being as it was before and it being all glittery there are a couple of teething problems. I'm avoiding updating too often at the moment - I don't delete a previous, stable version until I'm sure the new one works ok - and that does the trick for me.

Hope that helps

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The good news is that I can't find a way to break anything in 7828, so if you upgrade that far then everything will probably work. Or you'll find a new bug that no one else has seen and report it.

Bale

Minion
r7809 was the last stable build before hola started renovating chat to fix some intransigent bugs. I'd suggest that you download and hold on to that build if you're worried about potential bugs.

r7828 has conquered the worst of the new bugs, but it's not perfect yet. (There's no CLI in the chat window anymore, for instance.)