LevelUp find best location to level up

UpLevel find best location to level up

UpLevel 0.2

What is it?
A script to list the best places to adventure in order to get experience. This is an early release to get comments, it's not complete. Some possibly interesting features:

• Instead of depending on safe moxie, it relies on logic borrowed from Alhifar's slime.ash to predict how much damage you and the monster do, respectively, and so whether you can kill monsters that may not be completely "safe."
  • It uses combat frequency and monster occurrence rates to scale how much XP you get from a location.
  • It uses the actual triangular distribution of hit probability to predict if you or the monster will hit.
  • It tries to correctly compute likelihood of critical hits.

Note: Depends on zarqon's excellent zlib.ash and my log_lib.ash, pageCache.ash, predicate.ash, and canadv.ash make sure you install them first.

For Users

UpLevel will print the "best" 10 locations for you to get experience in. First it examines all possible locations to see how much experience you'd get in each, then sorts it in descending order and displays the locations and how much experience you'd get there. Red means you couldn't adventure in that location, blue means you could.

For Script Authors

Nothing really useful for script authors, but maybe someday I'll refactor it into a general purpose battle outcome predictor.

Issues

Doesn't handle non-combats.
Needs better battle outcome prediction logic, look at CCS, consider spell usage.

Change Log
0.1 2009/11/18 First posted
0.2 2009/11/20 Renamed to avoid confusion with dj_d's "LevelUp"

Attachments

• UpLevel.ash
    10 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Not that I wish to be disparaging to a fellow script-writer, but this is a MAJOR issue here.

Totally agree, that's why it's version 0.1 I wanted to get opinions on the approach to "safe adventuring" and XP calculation.

Do you know a source for parseable non-combat data? I've scraped the wiki's non-combat pages but there's a lot of stuff to grind through.

Eventually I want to include tuning combat rate, familiar, MCD, and equipment as well.

Last edited:

Some of the best places to level up: palindome, gallery, castle, purple light district, are good because of non-combats. Also bathroom, ballroom.

Power levelling with gongs or absinthe isn't handled either but has to be integrated with adventures and non-combats to be really useful.

I also don't handle clan/sign/hobo gyms yet.

But that's why this is v 0.1

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Do you know a source for parseable non-combat data? I've scraped the wiki's non-combat pages but there's a lot of stuff to grind through.
That's the best we have I'm afraid. You're going to have to collect all the data yourself and put it into a single mapfile. Pain in the ass, but unfortunately that's what you've got to work with.

Eventually I want to include tuning combat rate, familiar, MCD, and equipment as well.
That would be very nice indeedy.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Some of the best places to level up: palindome, gallery, castle, purple light district, are good because of non-combats. Also bathroom, ballroom.
Good luck! As Bale pointed out, you are completely on your own with that; KoLmafia has monsters.txt and combats.txt to tell you percentage of noncombats and what the combats look like, but I doubt we will ever include data about the non-combats.

Good luck! As Bale pointed out, you are completely on your own with that; KoLmafia has monsters.txt and combats.txt to tell you percentage of noncombats and what the combats look like, but I doubt we will ever include data about the non-combats.

Yeah, I'm using appearance_rates() to get that info now.

I've got a (non-combat, location, keyword) map built [over 900 non-combats!] but I need to convert it into a (int, location, non-combat, rate, items, meat, stats) map. I'm thinking some of the values, especially the stats may need to use modifier_eval.

xKiv

Sorry, but the attachment still downloads as LevelUp.ash ... and still refers to itself as LevelUp 0.1; maybe you forgot to actually upload the changed script?