uneffecting

baba44713

OK, I searched this forum trying to find the CLI command to shrug off an AT buff, but I simply cannot find it.

Can someone please give me a short sample script line? Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You would have been better off searching the KoLmafia Manual for CLI commands. In particular, the Basic Scripting section. Had you done so, you would have found the following:

uneffect <effectname>
(uneffect beaten up)

Attempts to remove the given effect. If the effect is a buff, it will be shrugged off. If the effect is not a buff, the effect will be removed using a soft green echo eyedrop antidote. Note that anti-anti-antidote is not used for the poisoned status, nor are tiny houses and forest tears used for other ailments. All effects which contain the provided substring will be uneffected through the use of this command, provided enough items are available for the uneffect process. Effects will be removed in alphabetical order.

baba44713

I DID read the scripting manual and everything, and I wouldn't have posted if I knew the answer.

My problem is that I don't know how to use it in the .ASH file. I tried:

uneffect ode to booze;
cli_execute(uneffect ode to booze);
cli_execute(uneffect, $effect[ode to booze]);
uneffect($effect[ode to booze]);

and about twenty different combinations. Each one of them doesn't work inside a script.

That's why I asked for a simple script line sample. I apologize for doing so, I didn't realize this was such a hostile board.

Thank you very much on your help.

macman104

You were oh so very close, whenever you use a cli_execute statement, you need to enclose the information in quotes. cli_execute("uneffect ode to booze"), should do what you need.

Nightmist

[quote author=baba44713 link=topic=382.msg2099#msg2099 date=1157008797]
cli_execute(uneffect ode to booze);
and about twenty different combinations. Each one of them doesn't work inside a script.
[/quote]
0_o... wow are you sure, if that doesn't work then I really don't know whats wrong (The only thing I can think of is that you spelt it wrong but thats the right name for the effect so im lost).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=baba44713 link=topic=382.msg2094#msg2094 date=1156957414]
OK, I searched this forum trying to find the CLI command to shrug off an AT buff, but I simply cannot find it.[/quote][quote author=baba44713 link=topic=382.msg2099#msg2099 date=1157008797]
I DID read the scripting manual and everything, and I wouldn't have posted if I knew the answer.

My problem is that I don't know how to use it in the .ASH file.[/quote]
Considering that you specifically asked for the "CLI command" and didn't say one word about ASH until I responded to your initial request, I don't think that pointing you to the CLI manual - and even extracting the specific command you needed - was out of line.

As has been pointed out, the ASH cli_execute command takes a "string" as its argument. So, just put quotes around the cli command you want and it should work fine.

cli_execute( "uneffect ode to booze" );

Nightmist

[quote author=Veracity link=topic=382.msg2106#msg2106 date=1157032447]
As has been pointed out, the ASH cli_execute command takes a "string" as its argument. So, just put quotes around the cli command you want and it should work fine.
[/quote]
*Smacks self* Man I can't believe I didn't notice that...