Suppress Version Checking?

Raven434

I'd like to have my batch files continue to run even if there has been updates provided to various scripts such as SS, URS, FTF, etc.

Is there a variable I can set to globally say "duly noted, just continue to run"?

Thanks.

Grotfang

Developer
I know I have been guilty of this before, but the problem tends to arise when script authors add a user_confirm() to their script if it is out of date. While I don't use batch files to run mafia (and also don't mind being reminded to update) I can see how it gets annoying.

I suppose the problem is one of user expectations. Some scripts will only ever be used by those of us who seriously use mafia (and are likely to spend our lives in the CLI). For us, user_confirms are pointless as an equally effective measure would be a nice big printed line (see zlib's strategy). However, for some scripts, a lot of their users are not very mafia aware. For these people, mafia is a one-click way to play the game without thinking. In particular, I think Bale's Universal Recovery fits into this category (along with others, but I imagine that is probably the most used one).

The best suggestion would probably be to edit it yourself to remove the user_confirm. That way, your own script won't die on you, but users who expect a script to be mind-numbingly nannying aren't disappointed.