Mafia Freezing

Locus

This has been happening to me for a while now and I can't find anyone else asking about it so I'm guessing it's something wrong on my end. It started doing it on windows xp and I'm running windows 7 now and it's still doing it. Sometimes I can go through a whole session without it locking up and sometimes it does it right away. As far as I can tell it's not a specific action that causes it to lock as it does it when I'm using items and other times it does it in the middle of adventuring. Mafia stops responding and the relay browser stops working and I have to end the task. It doesn't create a debug log when it locks. I'm currently using build 7790 but it's been doing it for the last few months with various versions. I'm using Windows 7 32-bit and the java page says "You have the recommended Java installed (1.7.0)."

Catch-22

My Java version is 1.6u17 (AKA Java 6 update 17).

The lock-up you are experiencing does not sound to me to be specific to Mafia, but Java in general.

I recommend you uninstall Java and install it again from the website.

It also could be something like anti-virus or a driver issue that is causing the lock-up. Check your event viewer for anything going awry with javaw.exe or a device driver around the time of the lock-up.

Last edited:

Locus

I uninstalled and reinstalled java and deleted my entire mafia directory and redownloaded it and it seems to have fixed it for the moment, we'll see how it goes.