Blocking familiars

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Pretty soon, there's a contest coming up where older stuff in the kingdom isn't allowed to be used. Since I always use mafia for familiar switching, I was hoping there was a way to make mafia not recognize the older familiars (with the "familiar" command). I tried modifying familiars.txt (by removing the unwanted familiars) and putting it in my data folder, but that didn't help. Is there an easy way to get mafia to not recognize familiar names? I assumed that mafia doesn't simply match to familiars in your terrarium since it kept treating "pixie" as "coffee pixie" (which I don't have) instead of green pixie until I aliased pixie.

Heffed

I guess I don't understand the problem.

Are you saying that you won't remember which familiars are the older ones and you will try and use them anyway and you hope KoLmafia can stop you from doing this?

Or is this more of a situation of, if a script tries to equip an old familiar, it can't?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't want to pull out one of those familiars by habit or because "it seemed like a good idea at the time" (due to things being harder from other limitations). I would never use a script in a contest run.