A way to disable auto-attack changing?

skeptopotamus

Hi,

So after a bit of spellsling-y undersea adventuring, I popped open my browser, went to inventory, and used my Rockfish-containing spooky putty monster. The following ensued:

[22594] Spooky Putty Monster
Encounter: rockfish
Round 0: skeptopotamus wins initiative!
Round 1: skeptopotamus casts SAUCEGEYSER! (auto-attack)
You gain 30 hit points
You gain 7 Mana Points
You acquire an item: rockfish stomach
You gain 22 Beefiness
You gain 36 Wizardliness
You gain 25 Cheek

Ah! Now I remember clearly: KoLMafia automatically sets autoattack.

On the upside, this means I have one less thing keeping me in aftercore. However, I'd rather make those choices consciously. Is there a way to tell KoLMafia that I never, ever want it to change my autoattack settings ever again?

Ouch. Sorry about the rockfish. I too got hosed somehow by that auto-attack behavior when it was first implemented and have only used CCSes since then.

It would be nice if this were an opt-in feature to speed up combat, but judging by that thread it seems like a bit of a touchy subject.

On the plus side, I do recall that it makes auto-adventuring quite a bit faster when it's on. And fewer server hits is always a good thing, though I'm sure that's a small comfort when it zaps your rockfish...

skeptopotamus

Ah -- hadn't looked into CCS's; will do.

It looks like mafia is supposed to change auto-attack back to its previous setting once auto-adventuring is done, so this may be a bug. I'll <gulp> drop a comment in that report.

Heh, and I was just thinking I should drop a fish into a camera, "just in case."